Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Everlasting Consolation

Today, I was feeling incredibly crappy, actually thats not even the word, i was just really overwhelmed by a few things that are going on in my life. Well money problems, finding help to take care of my younger sister because i start school before she does and theres not a whole lot of people that my mom trusts to leave her with. Also theres this headache thats just been annoying me for the past few days, its just lingering there and wont go away! Maybe its just all the stress that i've been going through that are causing these headaches, oh well i dont know. But yeah my point is that in the midst of all these thoughts soaring through my mind, i had a moment of peace and then i could relax for the rest of the day. Actually, i was even struggling through-out that moment to get a word specifically for my life and my current situation. I was reading The Bible and just meditating on something that i thought God was trying to tell me, but He made me keep reading and told me this is what i want to tell you... That He is my consoler no matter whats going on and no matter how i am physicall and/or emotionally. It was actually kind of humurous. I read the Word and a certain verse saying "do not be troubled..." really stood out to me and i started praying and asking God to forgive me and well in the middle of my prayer i opened my eyes and they were directed to keep on reading chapter 2 in 2nd Thessalonians, so when i read "Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God even our Father which hath loved us and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and stablish you in every good word and work." [II Thes. 2:16-17] "Everlasting Consolation" was what stood out to me at that time and i again realized Lord, You are wonderful and You are aware of everyone of my needs... and then i started to cry. Through those tears came a sense of peace and calmness that i had not felt that entire day.
But yes it was a moment that just got to me a lot because i had thought ok God this is what You want to tell me and thank you, but inside i was like ok... this really didnt help much. I believe that it was HIm that opened my eyes in the middle of my prayer, to focus back on the Word and tell me, "Look! Yorkis this is what I'm trying to say sheesh!" Ha! Gods good!
So, yeah no matter whats going on, no matter how hard the headache is pounding in my head... He's there ALWAYS, giving me, you, and us "Everlasting Consolation."

No comments: