Tuesday, August 05, 2008

...The Center...

"You love me Lovely, You're the Center of my Universe."
From "Lovely" by Michelle Tumes

God doesn't change, He is still the same God that appeared to Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all those other faithful servants. He is no different now. There's just one thing: we measly human beings change, and with that we want God to adapt to our needs and our lives. Without thinking and understanding that God doesn't need to adapt to us, but we need to sumbit to Him and His ways. Now I've been thinking and those lyrics above made me think this... God loves us ALL beautifully, so perfectly that He should be everything, He should be the Center of everything that we do. But unfortunatly that doesn't happen most of the times. We get consumed by the problems and circumstances that surround us, and we lose our focus on what's most important: God and His Glorification.
I am going through a whole lot of financial problems lately, I haven't been very smart in handling a credit card or money, and the bills just keep coming and I've felt that I was working only to pay my bills and couldn't save any money. So that has been a burden upon my shoulders and for a while has been my focus and I have let it block my sight of God. And then today I re-read Matthew 11:28-30. Not only does it say "take my yoke upon you" but this particualr verse stuck out in my mind and I meditated on it: Jesus said "and learn of Me;" And I asked myself what does He mean? So something in my heart said be closer to Him and learn who He is and who He can be in your life, that He has to be the center of everything, "The center of my universe."
I thought...God is still God, no matter the circumstances, no matter what burden it is you're carrying, He is willing to take it off and put on His yoke which is easier to carry. He will give you rest, but only if you seek Him, only if He's your everything.
God is a perfect God and everything He does is perfect, especially Loving His children...

No comments: